A hectic life these days, have made humans at par with robots mentally, emotionally and physically. People have been termed as “workaholics” by putting their mind and body through rigorous hours, days and months of work. Life has become goal-oriented, materialistic and competitive.
“Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.” – The Bhagavad Gita –
A strong and beautiful body, peaceful mind, good health, a glowing skin and a strong and flexible body; Yoga has it all what you have been looking for. However, Yoga is only narrowed to asanas (yoga poses) but we need to realize that along with asanas, there are many other benefits of Yoga which includes uniting mind, body and breath.
Let’s have a look at the at the top benefits of regular Yoga practice:
- Better flexibility and posture: Regular Yoga practice will help you improve your body posture when you sit, stand and sleep. It also helps in toning the body muscles and makes them strong. Yoga makes your body flexible and ease your body pain due to incorrect posture.
- Increased Energy: Do you feel tired and out of energy by the end of the day? A few minutes of Yoga provides a feeling of energy and freshness even after a long and exhausting day. Even if you practice Yoga for 10 minutes in between your hectic day, it will leave you recharged and refreshed. This will improve your performance.
- Weight Loss: Some Yoga poses like Sun Salutations and Kapal Bhati pranayama help in losing weight. It also improves our eating habits and eating schedule. Our body becomes more sensitive towards the type of food and time to eat.
- Stress Relief: A few minutes of Yoga daily will help your body and mind get rid of stress.
- Improved Immunity: Yoga helps in massaging the organs and strengthen the muscles. Any kind of irregularity in the body might lead to restlessness or unpleasantness. Yoga poses will strengthen the immune system and improve digestion.
- Better relationships: Regular Yoga keeps the mind contented, happy and relaxed. A mind that is happy and calm helps in improving relations with parents, spouse and friends. It also keeps the mind peaceful and strengthens the bond with our close ones.
Growfitter.com would like to wish you all a very happy International Yoga Day. Do spare a few minutes everyday from your busy schedule and practice yoga. It is a continuous process and the long term benefits are very fruitful.
Login to Growfitter.com to get the best deals in fitness and gym membership.
Also check out Growfitterstore.com to buy diet plans and bodybuilding supplements.